Tuesday 8 September 2015

September's here!



There's a purple haze on the hills which to me means Autumn is here.  But it seems Summer doesn't want to leave us just yet. The last two days have been beautiful but there is definitely an excuse to light a fire in the evening when that nip in the air is felt.


My colouring (yes, I'm still at it!) has taken on the colours of Autumn too. I know I'm going on and on about these Zig Clean Color pens but I'm so enjoying them. I love to make single layer cards and as these colours don't bleed through to the back I can get out my outline stamps again without having to add another layer to my little cards. And an imminent birthday has allowed me to add new colours to my collection as I asked all my family to buy me a few.


I've been experimenting with larger cards too - very brave of me! A friend asked for some birthday cards so I put together a little bundle for her and packaged them up in a recycled acetate box. I'd love to do more of these boxes for an upcoming craft fair but the only ones I've found for sale are very expensive - £15 for 25 - so I'm not sure its financially practical. They do look good though.  If anyone has found less expensive boxes (C6 size) in the UK I'd love to know where.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Ann, lovely to see these pictures of your "neighborhood"! And what a wonderful group of colored images and cards. Love the little still-lifes! Good to hear your endorsement of the Zig markers......I really need to get myself in gear and get some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is superb! I do love your little sweet single layer cards, and your choice of stamps work so well! Also, your photos are stunning, what a beautiful location to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachel! Have to admit these pens make colouring easy! Don't know if you are a card maker like me who feels guilty for spending money on stamps that never see the light of day. At least I'm using those outline stamps more now. And yes, I count myself very lucky to have been born and bred in North Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos Anne. I love your stamping (and colouring) as usual. The acetate box does look good but as you say - very expensive to buy new ones! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails