Sunday 25 January 2015

St Dwynwen's Day


Hope everyone is enjoying this sunny Sunday St Dwynwen's Day.  I had these wooden heart shapes left from my Christmas projects and chose some suitable stamps from my stash. The birds and pink heart are from Nordic Spring at Waltzingmouse Stamps and the sentiments in English from Seasons of Love also from Waltzingmouse.  Although the stamps are designed to look like knitted fabric I think they look like medieval tapestries too so are just right for Dwynwen who was a Welsh medieval princess.  The stylised roses are from Papertrey Ink's Rosie Posie set.  And the Welsh "cariad" I stamped with a small wooden alphabet set.  Although I have used a pyrography pen to burn the images on the wooden hearts you could just as easily stamp them in a dark brown ink or some other strong colour.  The pink heart is diecut cardstock - four layers gluesticked together makes a nice substantial hanging heart tag.




5 comments:

  1. I'm particularly taken with the design on the pink heart. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! - to the maker of beautiful things. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love hearts and birds! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails