Saturday 25 January 2014

Dydd Hapus Santes Dwynwen/Happy St Dwynwen's Day


Here's a quick card if you've forgotten or want to join in and celebrate Wales' day for lovers.  Dwynwen is the patron saint of sick animals too so that's another reason to celebrate her saints day.


 I die cut some hearts from sugarpaper (just love those muted shades), added a wood effect background stamp, layered them up and stitched to the front of a square card base.  Then I stamped the greeting around the edges with a small alphabet set.

Whilst searching Dwynwen on Pinterest I found this lovely young saint on Charlotte's blog.  I can't resist posting her here and what a fabulous costume she has created.  I just love the little church made from a bird house.  I hope you don't mind Charlotte.

I haven't been able to find the origins of the lovely image of Dwynwen - it looks like an old wall painting or an illumination from an ancient Celtic tome, but it could just as easily be a modern artist's creation.

Saint Dwynwen

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card and I like the detail of the stamped woodgrain. The costume is great and a wonderful interpretation of Dwynwen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails