Sunday 1 September 2013

Just for Carol...... August!


Only joking Carol! ;o)  I've enjoyed putting my page together this month - there were so many photos to choose from it was no trouble at all to fill the template.  Looking at August it seems - and I'm afraid its true - I haven't done much in the garden.  Where are my usual photos of garden flowers.  Its all got rather out of hand and I'll probably be sorry when it comes to tidying up for the winter later on.

But we have had a real old fashioned summer this year and I hope its not over yet as I've a couple of days away next week.  Yesterday I took a late afternoon walk through the fields to enjoy the warm sunshine.


I hadn't walked this way for a few months and while I have to admit the new metal kissing-gates along the path are easier to negotiate, I missed the old wooden stiles.  To me they were much more in keeping with the landscape and aesthetically more pleasing.  I took the earlier photo below last year in exactly the same place - what do you think?


I was followed through the field by these lovely creatures - they really got quite excited when I came through the gate.  I suppose they must have been feeling a bit bored and fancied some company, or perhaps thought I was the farmer bringing them a tasty treat.  Anyway they followed me right to the end of the field and I'm sure would have come down the lane with me if they'd been able to get through the gate!


I had one more encounter before I ended my walk.  I met three young entrepreneurs at the end of the lane who persuaded me I needed the "perfume" they had been making from paint, bubble bath and what to me smelled like orange squash!  I could buy one - but I didn't need to pay anything!  I remember making 'perfume' when we were young.  We collected rose petals in the garden which we put in jam jars full of water to steep for a week or so - I fear the results were far from fragrant!


I hope I wasn't their only customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails