Sunday 14 July 2013

An Embroidered Wedding Day


I made this wedding memento recently for a colleague.  Yesterday was her wedding day so now I can post without worrying she will see it before the day.  I was inspired by these lovely embroidered hoops from Little A Designs, though instead of cutting up one of my tablecloths I used an old embroidered doily.  I added some of my crochet flowers and buttons after stitching the happy couple's names and the date.  This would be a nice idea for a baby's birth too I think - and it just so happens another colleague is about to give birth any day now!


I made a card too and used my Very Vintage Florals stamp set from Wplus9, which matches up with my embroidery very nicely.  I hope Dot and Peter had a wonderfully happy day and didn't melt in the heat!


I must admit I'm finding the heat rather oppressive at the moment and look forward to a couple of hours sitting on my mother's front porch in the evening.  Watching the birds on the lawn, getting on with my crochet, and enjoying the wonderful scent of the Mock Orange (Philadelphus) each evening is a nice way to cool off after a long hot day.  And for some reason those pretty white blossoms always remind me of wedding days.


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift for the happy couple Ann, I'm sure this will be treasured for many years to come. Stunning card too, love the sweet florals and pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gift and card, Ann; so precious! I've said it so many times, your blog is such a joy to visit! Would love to come and sit with you of an evening and smell that mock orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, both the gift and card are gorgeous! I'm sure your friend will love them. Your photographs are lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning wedding gift, stunning card and stunning garden pictures Ann :) It's too hot for me - especially in the evenings and at night! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment - its hugely appreciated. Ann :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails